Tagliere per Aperitivo
READY TO : 10 BUSINESS DAY
- 100% Sicilian, handcrafted products at Km0
- 1 x 500g primo sale cheese with lemon
- 1 x 700g salami bites with fennel
- 1 x 190g of Capperina sauce
FORMAT: Tasting set - 1100kg
“Tagliere per aperitivo” is the typical regional aperitivo, made with local, nutritious ingredients.
This “Tagliere per aperitivo” pack contains
- “Formaggio Primo sale al limone” (primo sale cheese with lemon), a sheep cheese produced by the Terra Mia Dairy, using only milk from free pastures in the Sicilian hinterland, with the addition of lemon zest.
- Bocconcini di salame al finocchietto (bites of salami with fennel) by Salumificio Santa Maria, made from the highest quality meat with the addition of wild fennel seeds that give it a more delicate flavor.
- Capperina sauce, by Nasonte. A ready-made Sicilian sauce that includes sun-dried Sicilian tomato, capers, toasted almonds, Evo oil, basil and garlic. Excellent when paired with appetizers, bruschetta, first courses and side dishes.
- Rich in calcium and phosphorus, the Primo Sale cheese is suitable for everyone, but especially, for those at risk of osteoporosis. It is a light cheese with a low calorie content and is perfect for those intolerant to cow’s milk.
- The Bocconcini of salami with fennel are rich in noble proteins of high biological value, as they contain all the essential amino acids in the right doses. Its fats have calorific value and provide energy.
- Capperina: This preparation is ideal for dressing pasta, giving life to unique dishes with a Mediterranean scent and a strong taste, including all the nutritional benefits associated with the main ingredients: tomato and capers. The tomato, in fact, is rich in lycopene useful for preserving the health of the skin and sight. Capers are a source of antioxidants: quercetin has antibacterial, antitumor, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, while rutin strengthens capillaries and inhibits the formation of platelet aggregates, thus promoting good circulation in the smallest blood vessels.
- Careful and refined selection of typical Sicilian food products.
- Authentic manufacturing process
- Sicilian production at km0
- Badges: 100% Sicilian
- There are many ways to taste the primo sale cheese at its best, from the more traditional recipes for aperitifs and appetizers, to the most trendy ones. It is certainly interesting in combination with a good white wine or alternatively, to fill gourmet sandwiches or to enrich pasta or green salads; It can also be cut into chunks and added to savory pies or pizza instead of the classic mozzarella.
- The Bocconcini of salami with fennel performs better when sliced, and served together with cheeses and pickles to accompany aperitifs or appetizers; another valid alternative is to use them to fill sandwiches or wraps.
- Capperina goes perfectly with pasta. It can be also used to prepare delicious bruschetta, piadina (flatbread) or savory crepes, first courses and side dishes.
- “Primo sale” cheese with lemon: it should be stored in the refrigerator, preferably wrapped in cling film or a damp cloth and kept closed inside a typical cheese box. Like any fresh cheese, it should be consumed within 7 days.
- Bocconcini di salame al finocchietto: it should be stored in the refrigerator, better if wrapped in a damp cloth. Like any fresh salami, it should be consumed within 7 days.
- Capperina: after opening the package, keep it in the fridge and use it within 3 days.
Authentic 100% Sicilian products
Authentic Sicilian products selected by our local food & wine expert, Liria Zaffuto
Delicious Sicily's assorted packages are all made in Sicily. Their processing faithfully reproduces the Mediterranean tradition. Through the use of a few genuine and also 100% Sicilian ingredients, freshness and quality are guaranteed. All products are tested in the kitchen by Sicilian gastronomic experts. These are authentic food products with a short supply chain.
About this region
This region is located in the center of the Mediterranean sea and is also its largest island. Sicily is surrounded by the west of the Ionian Sea, the north of the Strait of Sicily and the south of the Tyrrhenian Sea. Palermo is its capital and one of the oldest Italian cities. History and tradition, art and culture, sea and mountains, those are the gems of Sicily.
So Sicily is as rich as its own history. Looking at the past allows us to understand the vibrant culinary tradition that is a result of the union of different cultures all over the time. Due to this, discovering Sicilian flavours is definitely an incredible trip around the whole world.
Culinary traditions move from the spicy taste of arabic dishes to countless recipes using tomatoes of the Spanish period to the best ingredientes of the Mediterranean diet. Sea salt, extra virgin olive oil, hard wheat bread and pasta are combined with blue fish and seasonal vegetables in a typical dish accompanied with local wine. Ricotta and cheese are inevitable products in Sicilian cooking and they can be found even in desserts enriched with dried and glazed fruit as a kind of art baking. Buon appetito in Sicily!
After careful and specific research, three companies in the Caltanissetta area (in the heart of Sicily) have been selected, giving life to this incredible “aperitivo” set.
- The “Primo sale” cheese with lemon is handcrafted by the Caseificio Dairy Terra Mia. With mastery and skill it recreates the cheese that was once called “primo sale cheese”. Over the years, the primo sale has been enriched with black pepper, dried fruit or citrus peel to enhance its aroma and flavor. In particular, the primo sale cheese with lemon has a delicate flavor in which the milk stands out; the addition of lemon zest gives it a yellowish color and a citrus smell and taste, reminiscent of its Sicilian origin.
- Bocconcini di salame al finocchietto from Salumificio Santa Maria, made from the highest quality meat with the addition of fennel seeds that give it a more delicate flavor.
Capperina, by Nasonte, is a delicate and tasty pesto made with mainly summer ingredients combined to create a balanced mix.