Sardinian EVO Oil Tasting Set – Garlic & Chili
READY TO : 10 BUSINESS DAY
- A unique selection of 3 x 500ml premium EVO oils + 2 x 100ml flavored EVO oils (Garlic & Chili)
FORMAT: Tasting set - 3 x 500ml + 2 x 100ml
This tasting set will take you on a gastronomic journey through Italy.
It includes 3 x 500ml different types of premium Sardinian EVO oils (Semidana, Tonda and Bosana) and 2 x 100ml flavored EVO oils (Garlic & Chili):
- The Semidana monocultivar EVO oil is characterized by a fruity, slightly spiced, bitter flavor, resulting in very harmonious and tasty oil, ideal for seasoning any dish.
- The Tonda di Cagliari monocultivar EVO oil is characterized by its slightly spicy and fruity notes. Its flavor is very light and delicate, less persistent than other oils, which makes it ideal for seasoning delicate dishes.
- The Bosana monocultivar EVO oil is characterized by a typical intense fruity scent with a high and persistent bitter and spicy taste, ideal for those who prefer strong flavors
The Garlic and Chili flavored EVO oils add interesting and delicious notes to any dish.
- High in healthy monounsaturated fats – These fats – oleic acid – come with a variety of health benefits such as reducing inflammation and reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Rich in antioxidants – The Polyphenols are one of the natural antioxidants found in olive oil. They work by clearing out arteries and improving your overall cardiovascular health. Thus, they can improve your heart’s health and lower bad cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- Anti-inflammatory properties – Another antioxidant found in EVO oil is oleocanthal, which is an anti-inflammatory that reduces pain. It mimics the properties of ibuprofen or other pain relievers in alleviating discomfort.
- Antibacterial – The polyphenols found in olive oil have shown to be effective in preventing and delaying the growth of harmful bacteria.
- For better skin – Another beneficial antioxidant found in olive oil is hydroxytyrosol, which can prevent aging and helps your skin to glow. Olive oil can also help heal abrasions faster as well as delay and reduce skin cancers caused by UV rays.
- For reducing cancer risk – The oleocanthal found in olive oil can increase the destruction rate of cancer cells.
- For preventing type 2 diabetes – Another important benefit of olive oil is regulating your blood sugar and insulin levels. Studies have shown that people who have diets that include olive oil, such as the Mediterranean diet, have a decreased risk of developing diabetes, compared to those who have other types of diet.
- For preventing strokes – Strokes are caused by an abrupt interruption of constant blood flow to the brain provoked by a clot or other kind of bleeding. Studies have shown that olive oil was the only source of monounsaturated fats that is associated with a decreased risk of stroke.
- For rheumatoid arthritis – Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties and an ability to reduce oxidative stress, olive oil can also help to alleviate rheumatoid arthritis. And when olive oil is combined with fish oil, their anti-inflammatory properties are even more powerful.
- Careful and refined selection of typical Italian food products.
- Authentic manufacturing process
- Widely awarded organic EVO oil.
- Semidana monocultivar EVO oil: ideal for seasoning any dish, such as grilled vegetables, bruschetta or grilled shellfish.
- Tonda di Cagliari monocultivar EVO oil: ideal for seasoning white meat, medium flavored fish, shellfish and salads.
- Bosana monocultivar EVO oil: ideal for seasoning red meat, vegetable soups and bruschetta.
- Flavored oils: ideal for drizzling over soups or good bread, in vinaigrettes or as salad dressing.
- Keep the olive oil in its bottle, far away from heat sources at a temperature of 15 / 20 C°. Make sure the bottle is not left half opened.
Pianura del Maestrale
Sardinian EVO oil on your tables
The Pianura del Maestrale oil mill was founded in 1972. Since then it has been carrying out the transformation of olives into oil on behalf of third parties, first operating in the Simaxis plant and from October 2012 in the new plant located in the artisan area of Siamanna. Over the years, the company has always tried to bring solutions and modernizations aimed at obtaining an ever higher quality of the final product.
About this region
Sardinia, or Sardegna, its Italian name, is located in the heart of the Mediterranean Sea and it is its second largest island, after Sicilia. It´s a land where ancient traditions, natural contrasts, colours and intense flavours always conquer every single visitor.
Sardinian cuisine has the encharming of simplicity: genuine ingredients with strong flavours. It's possible to appreciate this culinary identity by trying several products such as Pecorino and Fiore Sardo cheeses, the Carciofo Spinoso (artichoke), Zafferano (saffron) and Bottarga (salted, cured fish roe). Wines are another way to discover the best tastes of Sardinia as each territory has one that characterizes it.
This foodie tour wouldn't be complete without mentioning some of the typical pasta dishes. In Sardinia, pasta lovers can choose between dried pasta fregola and malloreddus and fresh pasta like culurgiones, filindeu and lorighittas. But there also authentic sardinian recipes based on meat and fish, such as suckling pig, lamb or goat, cordula (goat's intestines), entrails of lamb, boiled mutton, char-grilled eels, crustaceans, sea bass, sea bream and tuna cooked as many ways as you can imagine. The extra condiment of each preparation is the high quality.
Pianura del Maestrale takes Sardinian flavors to your table with a selection of superior EVO oil made according to local tradition since 1972.