|Very easy||25 min||4 Serves||Low|
Linguine with sausage and saffron, an authentic Apulian classic, is a quick and very tasty dish. Its preparation is very simple, while its taste is truly exceptional. For its realization you can use the classic beef sausage, or if you want a more flavorful one, pork or Norcia are good options too, and if you prefer a spicy one, the “Salciccia Calabrese Piccante”, is also fine.
Let’s move on to the recipe now – fasten your apron!
|White wine||200 ml|
|Parsley||A few leaves|
|Extra virgin olive oil||To taste|
- First let’s prepare the base for the sauce
- In a pan, put a drizzle of oil, the chopped or thinly sliced onion and the sausage, without the casing, and crumbled quite finely.
- Brown in a pan for a few minutes, adding a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When the meat is almost completely cooked, add the white wine and simmer until almost all the liquids have evaporated. Turn off and set aside.
- At this point we have take care of the linguine and saffron
- Cook the linguine in abundant salted water.
- Take 1-2 ladles of cooking water, put it in a small bowl and melt the saffron sachets in it.
- Drain the pasta al dente, but always keep aside more cooking water, which you can use to finish cooking the pasta in the pan.
- Now it is a question of mixing everything
- Pour the pasta into the pan with the sauce, turn on the heat and add the water in which you dissolved the saffron.
- Stir constantly to mix the ingredients, until all the water you have added is almost completely absorbed.
- If the spaghetti need a few more minutes of cooking, add a few more spoonfuls of water and let it absorb.
- Adjust at the end of salt and pepper and finish with a sprinkling of chopped fresh parsley.