|Low||15 min||4 Serves||Low||450|
Cavati is a type of pasta that goes very well with pestos. An excellent cuisine tip is that cavati with pistachio and almond pesto gives rise to a fabulous first course. What is more, it is easily prepared in just a few minutes and it´s very creamy and super tasty!
A very tasty variant of Grandma Maria’s Cavati col “Buso” is to use pistachio and almond pesto instead of just pistachio pesto.
Let’s see together how to prepare it
|Pistachio and almond pesto||100 g|
|Burrata or mozzarella cheese||250 g|
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil. In the meantime, finely chop the onion.
- In a pan, over low heat, melt the knob of butter and brown the onion.
- Pour the pistachio & almond pesto, stir and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Then, turn off the heat.
- When the water is boiling, pour the pasta into the saucepan and add salt to taste.
- Drain the pasta as soon as it is ready, leaving a little amount of cooking water.
- Pour the pasta into the pan with the pesto and mix.
- Serve the portions of pasta by placing a slice of burrata cut into cubes on the bottom of each plate.